If you don't know how to listen to a podcast then please for the love of God click here. It is not hard so don't be baffled.
My brother introduced me to the Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast years ago. Scott Aukerman (a writer on Mr. Show & Between Two Ferns) interviews a grab-bag of guests ranging from Jon Hamm to Matthew Sweet to Ben Stiller to Amy Poehler. If you are a Parks & Recreation fan then start with this one. I am crazy about Chelsea Peretti.
Last November I had a long solo car drive ahead of me and my sister suggested I listen to Serial. I had no idea what it was about but I was tired and bored so I started it up. I binge listened and my 8+hour drive home flew by.
Now I rely on podcasts to keep me entertained while driving across Lake Pontchartrain, to soccer tournaments and up to Sewanee.
These are current favorites:
- Undisclosed - if you were addicted to Serial & need more on Adnan's case then this is for you.
- Here's The Thing - Alec Baldwin does a great interview. Standout episodes include Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristen Wiig, & John McEnroe.
- Love and Radio - this is damn fine storytelling. I recommend The Living Room and The Silver Dollar to start off.
- Criminal - true-crime short stories that are usually 10-15 minutes long. Did you know there is a Venus Flytrap crime ring in North Carolina?
- Nerdist - hosted by funny man Chris Hardwick. This interview with Tom Hanks is as superb as you'd imagine it to be and this one with Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman) is fascinating.
Please comment below with your favorite podcast recommendations.